Friday, February 12, 2010

"Adversaries"

Reading "Adversaries" in The Mee Street Chronicles by Frankie Lennon, was enjoyable for me because, I really like reading about the aunt. She is very interesting; I never known someone like her, so all my attention goes to her while reading. The main thing that I like is how the aunt could be crazy and mean, but then has some what of a change of heart, or something like that.

In "Adversaries" the narrator gets in trouble for playing, I have never known of anyone getting mad at a child for playing. It seems crazy and wrong to me. The aunt is trying to teach a lesson to the narrator before she is about to spank her, and realizes something. I want to know what she realized to make her have a change of heart. I personally think it was when she realized that they used to beat the narrators mother, that she didn't want that happening to the narrator. She could have realized so many things but that was so interesting to me. Everything about the aunt catches my attention. Her personality, her beliefs, and her attitude I honestly wish I could have experienced someone like her in my life.

It might sound bad that I wish I knew someone like that, but it's true. I think I would be a different person; I would be a totally different person. I believe the author's personality is the way it is because of her past growing up, every one's is, but reading these memoirs explains everything. I just enjoy reading all of these, so it comes easy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment